Shoes. Shoes. Shoes. Anyone else a shoeaholoic?! My friend was astounded the other day when she saw that I had a whole Trader Joe’s bag overflowing with shoes that I was getting rid of, meanwhile my closet is still stacked full of all kinds of shoes. She suggested that I might have a problem. And…. I think she may be right! Guilty as charged!
Marilyn Monroe has said, “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conqueror the world.” Couldn’t agree more. Fabulous shoes definitely give me a certain air of confidence. Having a great pair of shoes, just seems to put an extra pep in my step! They seem to round out any outfit and give it a cohesive look. I can be bit of a shoe snob. What can I say, I like nice shoes! I am pretty ruff on my shoes and wear them pretty hard, so quality is really important to me. I always look for the quality of stitching, inner sole, outer sole, and material. You can’t always judge a pair of shoes based on name brands. So be well equipped to assess each pair closely when you’re about to buy.
Speaking of shoes, this season is all about boots! When it comes to boots, the #1 thing I look for is the material. I CANNOT stand fake leather. It just looks so fake and cheap. So admittedly being a picky shoeaholic, finding great quality shoes on a budget can be challenging. So for today’s post, I wanted to share one of my secrets on how I am able to buy great quality shoes for a fraction of the price.
And that secret is… use Poshmark!
For those that aren’t familiar, Poshmark is an online platform where women can sell items from their closet to other fashionistas around the world. It’s basically like an online resale shop that’s write at your finger tips. Since discovering Poshmark, I have bought 6 different pairs of shoes off the site. All of the shoes that I have bought I have gotten at such great prices!
Reasons I Love Poshmark:
- You’re buying directly from other girls! The way the site works is that you get to virtually shop other people’s closets. Since the seller is directly listing each of the items, you can communicate with them so easily. You can ask questions, ask for more pictures, and even follow their closet if you really like their sense of style. I love this personal touch!
- You can negotiate prices! I have successfully done this on two pairs of shoes that I purchased. On the page you can submit offers for the item you are interested in. Chances are, if the item has been listed for awhile, the seller will be willing to budge. Rule of thumb for negotiating, always start with a lowball offer. They probably will respond with a counter offer that will be just the price you’re looking for.
- It’s so easy to search and sift through! When creating a page, you put in the specifics of your own personal sizing, that way when you are looking for an item, just click my size and it will only show items that are available in your size. Also, be as specific as possible in your key word search, especially if its a common item. This will help narrow down your options. You can also search by price ranges or recently reduced items! Like I mentioned before, follow certain girls’ closets helps you narrow in on a style you might like, if you’re just looking to peruse and not looking for anything special.
- It’s convenient! Sometimes going to your local resale shop can be overwhelming. There are treasures to be found, but sometimes when you’re looking for a specific item, it always seems to be the ONE TIME you can’t find it. Poshmark opens up the options of second-hand shopping, and now you have access to thousands of more items at your finger tips. Their app is has become extremely popular. It makes it super convenient to search for items on the go or to list items yourself!
- It’s an easy way to make a little extra cash! Poshmark likes to advertise that it takes less than 60 seconds to list an item on their site, and I would have to agree that it’s true! Easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s just a matter of snapping a few pictures of the item, picking a description, and selecting a price. I have sold a few items on here, which I probably would have just donated. If you’re a shoeaholic like me, this seems to lessen the guilt of buying that next pair of shoes. Haha
In the outfit featured I am sporting suede booties that I bought off Poshmark! I wanted a pair of flat suede booties for the fall, that of course were real leather. After much searching I couldn’t find a pair that wasn’t less than $100, that’s when I turned to Poshmark. I found this pair for…. $25! Can you believe it?! They were originally $100 and had only been worn once. They are from the Gap and are really great quality. I was so excited to find a pair of booties that I love at such an awesome price! I decided to go for the layered look on this brisk autumn day. I paired a jean shirt, with a crew neck sweater for a pop of color, topped with a faux fur vest. I love the mixture of textures and colors in this outfit.
Black Jeans- $7.90 Forever21 (These are honestly my favorite black jeans, and they are always this price! How amazing is that!) Buy them HERE!
Tan Suede Booties- $25 The Gap (bought on Poshmark, originally $98) Buy ones similar HERE!
Faux Fur Vest- $17 Dillard’s (bought at an extra percent off sale at the end of the season)
Jean Shirt – $15 T.J.Maxx
Crew Neck Sweater- $12 Macy’s
Frugal Tip: If you want great quality shoes, but aren’t willing to splurge, check out Poshmark!